Friday, September 25, 2009

A Little Taste of Hate: Part Duex

Thanks for the lovely introduction Katie. I look like such a winner in those shots ;)

So, a commenter requested I elaborate on the Pandemic we are facing on this planet, and I don't mean the Swine Flu (a.k.a Chuppacabra's Return). I mean this:

That's right, Socks and Sandals. I don't even know what to say. It seems so obvious, like the furry Crocs issue. I think a simple flow chart may help us here:

It is that simple. The question of socks does not even come into the picture. Because there is no question. If it is too hot to wear shoes, then there is no way that you need to throw some socks into the mix. I don't think it needs to be said, but clearly it does. Socks will make your feet warmer, which is what we are trying to aviod with the whole sandal thing. If you are worried about having cold feet, put on some shoes!!!!!! On the other side, if it is too cold to wear sandals, putting socks on is just not a viable solution. You see, socks tend to be a little airy, being made of cloth and all, so they aren't really going to provide much warmth. There are some materials that will produce an increase in podiatral warmth (I'm pretty sure podiatral isn't a word, but you get the picture): leather, canvas, suede and whatever other materials your SHOES are made out of.

A quick query into the wonderous world of the Urban Dictionary provided me with the following definition of socks and sandals:
The gangster way for wearing sandels. The only time you will catch a gangster wearing sandels is if its summer time and they are wearing some crispy (white) socks with some adidas or jordan or nike sandels. Shit is too GANGSTA. Old people think its gay but anybody who knows fashion knows is G as a mothafucka.
During the summer I rock nottin but socks and sandals my nigga.

I'm pretty sure that must have been written by this guy, and not just because of the spelling mistakes:
If this is the voice of the Socks and Sandals movement, I think my point has been made and no further discussion is needed.

On a similar vein, lets talk about these chicks:


















All of the same simple rules apply, just replace socks with uggs, and skirts with sandals. There is no need for this. It isn't cute, not cute at all. In fact, you look like you may be suffering from some sort of mental deficiency. What else could possibly explain you waking up in the morning and thinking these outfits are OK? I'm not going to elaborate, it is just the same thing over and over again. I'm getting depressed.

So, the moral of the story is:

Don't do this to your kids:
And don't do this to your Grandpa:

Next week, we need to move away from footwear, and fashion altogether. I have few ideas coming together, but will gladly take suggestions.

And this has been your Little Taste of Hate with Ken Wall, go forth and be bountiful.

1 comment:

  1. Your wisdom, like that old man's g-string, runneth over. Thank you for the smile today!

    ReplyDelete